Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New Mermaid Novel





Hey, everyone!

Hope you're all doing well. It's been a rough past couple weeks, but I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, probably my favorite holiday. I love making pumpkin and maple pecan pie... One time I made a chocolate raspberry cheesecake. Good times.

Now, onto novel news. To the left is a cover I've created for my newest novel UNDER, a young adult dark mermaid novel. It's filled with action, suspense, and of course, romance. I've sent out only a couple query letters so far, and one agent did ask for the whole manuscript after reading the partial. In the end, she did reject it, but her letter was extremely encouraging. I'll be sending out more letters soon after some further editing (fun fun).

I'm very excited about this novel. Although it's an extremely difficult process, I can't imagine doing anything else. I've often wondered what I'd do if I weren't writing. But every time I think about it, I really can't imagine not writing. As soon as I finish one, I feel incomplete - plot bunnies are constantly attacking - and I have to start another.

I've also had a lot of people ask me about self-publishing, since my other novel OCEAN OF EMPTINESS is self-published, as well as a short story. Self-publishing, while I think it's the wave of the future, is a very good option. But I've also had a lot of people want the book in print, but it's very expensive if you're self-publishing. If you want to reach a wider audience at this point at least, I still think traditional publish is the way to go. But I think eventually digital printing will overwrite the traditional, which is sad, because I still love hard copies.

So, I've gone through the initial stages of the writing and querying process for UNDER, so now it's a little more editing, then off to other agents! I might re-query the agent who requested the full manuscript as well. She was absolutely wonderful and responded quickly and very nicely.

If anyone has any questions or would like to comment, feel free! :)

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

- Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment